Monday, June 27, 2016

"Light of the Last" Book Review

So I finally have all of the Wars of the Realm books by Chuck Black...AND I WANT MORE!!!!!! As far as I know, Mr. Black has not released anymore information on future books, but I'm following his Facebook page (be sure to check out their Video and Art contest here !) and am so looking forward to his next series!

Anyway, a few months (yes, I'm sorry it's been months!) ago, I received Light of the Last. Wow. To start of this review, I have to say it is the best book Chuck Black has ever, ever written (at least, in my opinion it is!)

Officially, the book I am reviewing is titled "Light of the Last", the last book in the Wars of the Realm trilogy by Chuck Black.


In the first book, we were left with the fact that Drew Carter had been taken into custody by the FBI and something big was happening in the angels' realm. But that's where it ended. The second book went back in history and focused mainly on the invaders' realm. (see my review on Rise of the Fallen here)   So, with that cliff-hanger ending and not knowing what was going on, I was dying to find out what happened. This book was not a disappointment!

**SPOILER ALERT**

We find Carter in the FBI questioning room, just 2 days after we left off in book one, and see the heartbreaking separation he has to go through with several people very close to him. He then joins the CIA and the things that occur after that are so intense that I was almost quite literally on the edge of my seat the whole way! Just to give you a taste of what is to come, think of leather jackets that have 360* cameras and hidden mics, ISIS attacks, Post-Traumatic Stress Disorder (yes, someone does get diagnosed with that! I'm not telling who, though!), and Ebola outbreaks...and a microbiology major that helps save the nation. Are you interested now?!

I don't want to give too much away for those of you haven't read it, but I was never expecting what happened in the end. That's one of the reasons I like this book so much: I wasn't exactly sure what was going to happen next (and that's hard to find in today's books, believe me!)!!!

So, would I recommend this book to a friend? ABSOLUTELY!!!

What would I rate this book? 5 out of 5 stars for sure!

Summary: If you're looking for a book that has a million unexpected twists and turns, this is the one! There's a bit of romance, a whole lot of suspension and danger, and some heartbreak too.

If you're interested in getting this book for yourself, click here. If you want to drop me a note, click here.

*disclaimer* "I received this book from Blogging for Books for this review."

Now go change the world!

~Annalysa~

No comments:

Post a Comment